Brugeravatar
Robin
Brugerniveau 5
Brugerniveau 5
Geografisk sted: Bathulen

Re: Fede nyheder fra Gwandanaland

Indlæg af Robin »

GoogaMooga skrev: 16. jan 2022, 01:50
Robin skrev: 15. jan 2022, 22:19 Årrhhhh! Frank Bolle! Røde Make, Tim Holt, og så hender hér. Skønne Tomahawk minder! Jeg må ned i kælderen og rode!

mvh.
Fik vi også Black Phantom på dansk?
Jeps, noget. Hun var en skurk, som Røde Maske (ikke Make, som jeg kom til at skrive :roll: ) var oppe imod. Han vidste ikke rigtig om han skulle spærre hende inde eller kysse hende eller begge dele eller....så'n lidt Batman/Catwoman - agtigt. Et par historier eller tre i Tomahawk, tror jeg. Ingen solohistorier, så vidt jeg husker ej heller i hvilke numre.

mvh.
Så bli'r det ikke meget bedre - desformedelst!!! Ihvorvel!!!
maxus
Brugerniveau 2
Brugerniveau 2

Indlæg af maxus »

Fedt - tak for tippet Robin. Det er efterhånden (næsten) lykkedes mig, at få samlet alle de gamle danske Tomahawk blade i god stand, så jeg må på jagt i dem :D
Brugeravatar
Robin
Brugerniveau 5
Brugerniveau 5

Indlæg af Robin »

Ingen årsag! Kun godt at vi er nogle stykker, der er så bredt interesserede, at vi kan favne Tomahawk bladet og dets serier. Jeg må så med skam melde, at jeg ikke kan huske, hvad Black Mask blev kaldt på dansk. Jeg har kigget i op til og med nr. 71 uden held. Et eller andet sted sy's jeg, der var noget med Fantom-pigen, men..........Måske jeg kan kigge lidt videre senere.....

mvh
Brugeravatar
GoogaMooga
Brugerniveau 7
Brugerniveau 7

Indlæg af GoogaMooga »

Black Phantom. :)
"It's a mod, mod, mod, mod world, luv!" -- Twiggy
Brugeravatar
GoogaMooga
Brugerniveau 7
Brugerniveau 7

Indlæg af GoogaMooga »

Simon & Kirby! For fanden da! Og så endda rettet i forhold til original-hæfterne! De tegnede serien for Harvey Comics, med debut i 1946, og de var på toppen her, med Kirby's velkendte tableaux'er over to sider. En meget, meget vigtig brik i Kirby samlingen er nu endelig genoptrykt, og man undrer sig over, at intet større forlag har kastet sig over denne serie. Men så er det jo godt, at serien er i Public Domain, og at vi har Gwanda til at tage sig kærligt af den.

Billede

The More Than Complete Simon & Kirby Stuntman: Gwandanaland Comics #3287 - The Grand Masters of the Golden Age - Retooled and Reprinted Stories included

amazon.com:
Joe Simon and Jack Kirby are considered two of the founders of the Golden Age of Comics, and their work together among the best ever to appear. THE STUNTMAN – Fred Drake, circus performer whose partners are murdered – used his acrobatic skills to fight crime in original stories his own comic magazine, in All-New Comics #13, Black Cat #9, and Thrills of Tomorrrow #19 & 20. We have all the original stories for you – unequaled work of comics Grandmasters!

This “More Than Complete” version includes reprinted stories, some of which were altered before publication. The result is all the STUNTMAN appearances during the Golden Age!
Brugeravatar
GoogaMooga
Brugerniveau 7
Brugerniveau 7

Indlæg af GoogaMooga »

Og nu "Toka" fra Dell...! Af Frank Springer...hvor skal jeg dog finde plads? Andet og sidste bind af "Toka", og alle ti hæfter er hermed samlet! Springer kender jeg bedst for disco nyklassikeren "Dazzler" fra Marvel! Men måske endnu vigtigere, undergrundshæftet "The Adventures of Phoebe Zeitgeist"!

Billede

Toka, Jungle King: Volume 2: Gwandanaland Comics #3286-HC: The 400-Year-Old Monarch Rules the Wild Kingdom! Issues #6-10

amazon.com:
TOKA, JUNGLE KING is different from most other comic-book lords of the wilds. To begin with, he's not white, which in itself is unusual for the genre. He is also from the jungles east of the Andes, half a world away from where most of the jungle kings and queens reside. Finally, he is over 400 years old! TOKA awakens in a new world, a strange world, and yet familiar enough that he takes his place as its leader, and from there his amazing adventures begin. TOKA, JUNGLE KING was a ten-issue series, drawn by Frank Springer, popular Silver Age artist. It's time for something more than just a little bit different in the jungle genre!

THIS BOOK: ISSUES #6-10
Brugeravatar
GoogaMooga
Brugerniveau 7
Brugerniveau 7

Indlæg af GoogaMooga »

Festen fortsætter med supernaivisten Fletcher Hanks og den komplette "Stardust"! Fletcher Hanks fra Gwanda! Drømmer jeg, eller er jeg vågen?

Billede

Stardust - The Super-Wizard: Gwandanaland Comics #9-HC: His Complete Stories from Big-3 and Fantastic Comics

amazon.com:
“STARDUST, the interplanetary marvel, whose phenomenal knowledge and abilities have made him the most superior man that ever lived, is devoting himself to crime-busting on various planets.....” These are the complete stories, his appearances in Big-3 and Fantastic Comics – amazing early Golden Age Superhero comics!
Brugeravatar
Robin
Brugerniveau 5
Brugerniveau 5

Indlæg af Robin »

GoogaMooga skrev: 17. jan 2022, 19:03 Black Phantom. :)
Øjjjjj, undskyld! Det må i sandhed være alderen, der tynger. :lol: men head var hendes danske navn,mon?

mvh.
Brugeravatar
GoogaMooga
Brugerniveau 7
Brugerniveau 7

Indlæg af GoogaMooga »

Robin skrev: 17. jan 2022, 20:46
GoogaMooga skrev: 17. jan 2022, 19:03 Black Phantom. :)
Øjjjjj, undskyld! Det må i sandhed være alderen, der tynger. :lol: men head var hendes danske navn,mon?

mvh.
Alt forladt. :lol:
Brugeravatar
GoogaMooga
Brugerniveau 7
Brugerniveau 7

Indlæg af GoogaMooga »

Bob Oksner har vi aldrig snakket om, men han skal have credit for hans fine streg i tegneserieadaptionen af TV serien "The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis", en herlig teen-age komedie og tegneserie for dem, der gerne vil række ud over "Archie". DC udgav 26 hæfter med Dobie Gillis fra 1960 - 1964, og de er røget i public domain, og held for det. For DC ville jo aldrig røre ved sådan noget nu. Gwanda har samlet serien i tre bind. Nu skriver wiki godt nok 26 hæfter, mens pressemeddelelsen nævner 22.

Billede

Billede

Billede

amazon.com:
For four seasons (1958-1963) there was a network television phenomenon – the first series that features teenagers as the leading characters, and the first series which presented the counter-culture in a positive manner. It was ground-breaking, but to be honest, it was never a runaway hit. It endured, in prime time and in syndication, and THE MANY LOVES OF DOBIE GILLIS became an historical part of American pop culture. It inspired the characters of Scooby-Doo, the world we came to know as Happy Days, and (although a little before my time) is remembered fondly today. In the comics DOBIE GILLIS lasted 22 (26) great issues, with all the charm and humor of the series. Gwandanaland Comics brings these stories back to life, for the first time in generations!
Brugeravatar
GoogaMooga
Brugerniveau 7
Brugerniveau 7

Indlæg af GoogaMooga »

Så er der 3 x Matt Baker! Den bedste good girl tegner i Golden Age. Romantik, krimi, og Sydhavs-eventyr!

Billede

The More Than Complete South Sea Girl: Gwandanaland Comics #1882-HC: Matt Baker's Island Lady In All Her Adventures

amazon.com:
SOUTH SEA GIRL, illustrated by the legendary Matt Baker, is not only a great example of 1940s good-girl adventure comics, but an example of how publishers made the most out of a good story. SOUTH SEA GIRL only had six original stories (of which we have four for you in this collection), but were re-worked and redesigned to be used in other publications, as other characters. This collection includes alternative versions of SOUTH SEA GIRL stories, so the modern reader can see how Baker's women were utilized to their maximum value.

Let's face it – who but Gwandanaland Comics could give you 10 stories from a 6-story series???
Billede

Authentic Police Cases: A Matt Baker Album: Gwandanaland Comics #2525-HC: Thrilling Crime Stories and Cover by the Golden Age Master

amazon.com:
Matt Baker (1921-1959) was the first successful African-American comic book artist in America, and famous for his unique style. Baker worked in many genres, most famous for his portrayal of Phantom Lady, Canteen Kate, Sky Girl, and other beautiful female characters. Not all women are heroes, though – so when Baker put his pen to the crime comics, not only did we get action-packed stories featuring some of the hardened male criminals of the day, but also those femme fatales, those molls, and those female criminal masterminds..... along with some tragic innocent women in the wrong place at the wrong time. AUTHENTIC POLICE CASES (St. John / 38 Issues / 1948-1955) was a great place to show the Baker mastery. He began drawing his 28 covers with issue #6, and 11 stories beginning with #10, before returning to exclusively covers after #18. This is his complete album from the exciting crime series, collected together for the first time – ever!
Billede

A Matt Baker Romance Treasury: Volume 3: Gwandanaland Comics #1883-HC: The Golden Age Master and his Stories from "Pictorial Romances"

amazon.com:
Matt Baker (1921-1959) was the first successful African-American comic book artist in America, and famous for his unique style. Baker worked in many genres, most famous for his portrayal of Phantom Lady, Canteen Kate, Sky Girl, and other beautiful female characters. It was only natural that Baker be recruited for love-based comics, where a healthy percentage of the characters would be women. While romance comics are often considered the second-string of comics, when Matt Baker put his pen to the pages, these were exceptions. Gwandanaland Comics is gathering some of his great romance work into this colorful treasury. This first book brings many of his covers and stories from a wide variety of 1950s romance comics!
Besvar