Chuck Dixon's hyldest til Steve Ditko

Besvar
Brugeravatar
GoogaMooga
Brugerniveau 7
Brugerniveau 7

Chuck Dixon's hyldest til Steve Ditko

Indlæg af GoogaMooga »

Her kan du læse, hvor meget Steve Ditko har betydet for Chuck Dixon. Han kommer bl.a. ind på, hvor dybt peronlige mange af Ditko's serier er, og hvor idiosynkratisk han har været som tegner. Jeg er ikke helt enig i, at Ditko var udbrændt efter Spider-Man, men ellers er det en meget fin hyldest:

http://www.chuckdixon.net/2018/07/steve ... 47RXM0XdAU
I didn’t know Steve Ditko, and yet I did.
I only met him one time. A conversation I’ll recall till my dying day and one I’m sure he forgot as soon as I was out of sight. Just another overgrown adolescent bowing at the shrine.
But I did know him through his work. And that’s not just using a common phrase. The man revealed himself in the pages of the comics he worked on. He informed his readers of who he was, both the deeply personal and weirdly abstract, right there in four colors.
Ditko is the first name I recognized and first name I followed when I was a kid avidly devouring every comic book I could get my hands on. He’s the first artist I could spot even if I didn’t see his name in the corner of the title page. Low hanging fruit, right? The man’s style was every bit as idiosyncratic as his life.
More than recognition, Ditko’s work had a gravitational pull for me. There was an intimacy to his work that, I suppose, grew from him pleasing himself as his first priority. Here was a guy who cared about the work, was willing to put in more time than they were paying him for. Each assignment was a personal challenge. Here was a guy putting himself into every panel. You could see it. You could feel it. This man was drawing from his own life experience. I responded to that in a big way, comics as a means of personal expression.
"It's a mod, mod, mod, mod world, luv!" -- Twiggy
Besvar