Alfredo Alcala

Besvar
Brugeravatar
GoogaMooga
Brugerniveau 7
Brugerniveau 7

Alfredo Alcala

Indlæg af GoogaMooga »

Det er især Sam Glanzman og Trina Robbins, vi har fået ting af på It's Alive Press, men hopper man over på deres side, er der også en kunstbog, der springer i øjnene, af den filippinske mester, Alfredo Alcala. I kender ham fra Conan. De filippinske tegnere, der slog igennem i USA i 1970'erne, har fået ALT for lidt opmærksomhed, så dette er en kærkommen opdagelse og lidt af et must for mig. Og så går jagten ellers på "Voltar".

Billede

fra https://itsalive.bigcartel.com/product/ ... roy-thomas
"Alfredo Alcala is one of the most disciplined and perceptive artists inking in comics. The years of distinguished work have earned Alfredo a special place in comics history." — Gil Kane.
In the late 1960s, an extremely talented group of Filipino illustrators took the American comic book industry by storm — and the late Alfredo Alcala led the way, working for both Marvel and DC on such popular characters as Conan the Barbarian and Batman. This unique work is loaded with amazing art and pointers on observational methods, composition, and other techniques. In addition to insightful interviews with Alcala, the book features pages from his groundbreaking masterwork, Voltar, which was hailed as a new concept in comic book form, an epic in narrative art, and a milestone in sequential art illustration. Students, professionals, teachers, and fans will treasure this inspiring volume and its insider's look at comic book artistry.
"A wonderful look at the thought process of one of the best artist/inkers in comic book history and should be read, not just by comic book fans, but by anyone who appreciates great art." — Rushford Public Library
"It's a mod, mod, mod, mod world, luv!" -- Twiggy
Brugeravatar
Robin
Brugerniveau 5
Brugerniveau 5
Geografisk sted: Bathulen

Re: Alfredo Alcala

Indlæg af Robin »

Øjjjj, han har lavet fine ting, både alen, men også sammen med f. eks. gene Colan!
IMG_1093.JPG
IMG_1093.JPG (47.9 KiB) Vist 384 gange
IMG_1091.JPG
IMG_1091.JPG (52.99 KiB) Vist 384 gange

mvh.
Så bli'r det ikke meget bedre - desformedelst!!! Ihvorvel!!!
Besvar